APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Melissa Reese

3 posters

Go down

Melissa Reese Empty Melissa Reese

Post by Soulmonster Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:21 am

Melissa Reese NeWborder_zpsk3uwcgt1
MELISSA REESE
Melissa Reese Melissa_Reese_Composer_Recording_Artist

Pseudonyms/former names:

Date of birth:

Band position:
Keyboardist and background singer.

Time with Guns N' Roses:
2016-present.

Shows with the band:
Melissa came in to replace Chris Pitman for the "Not In This Lifetime" tour that started in 2016. She provides keyboard and backing vocals. As of {UPDATEDATE} Melissa has played at least {MELISSASHOWS} concerts with the band.
Biography:
Melissa Reese is an American musician and model best known for her involvement in Guns N' Roses and her collaborations with Bryan "Brain" Mantia. Reese began singing and playing piano at age 4. When she was 17, she learned Pro Tools, Reason, and Logic Pro and began performing and producing her own music.

Her first EP, "LISSA", was released in 2007, and featured collaboration with Bryan Mantia and Pete Scaturro. Three of the songs of the EP were featured in various TV shows, including Gossip Girl and Keeping up with the Kardashians.

Reese has worked with funk artist Bootsy Collins, rapper Chuck D, singer Vanessa Carlton, soul artist Goapele and singer Taylor Swift. In addition to composing, Reese has produced work for artists such as Drumma Boy.

Reese has worked on several projects with Mantia, a composing team dubbed "Brain and Melissa". In 2010, along with Buckethead, they released the multi-CD sets Kind Regards and Best Regards. Brain and Melissa composed part of the soundtrack to the video game Infamous 2, for which they were nominated for "Outstanding Achievement in Original Composition" by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences awards. Other video games the duo worked on include, Playstation Home, Modnation Racers, Twisted Metal, Fantasia: Music Evolved and Infamous: Second Son. They also scored the films Detention and Power/Rangers. They have worked with music video director Joseph Kahn on several television commercials, including NASCAR, SEAT, and Qoros. In addition, they scored a commercial for Johnnie Walker Blue which featured a computer-generated Bruce Lee. They also worked on several remixes of songs off of Chinese Democracy for a planned remix album.

Reese joined Guns N' Roses in 2016 as the band's second keyboardist, replacing Chris Pitman. She first performed with the band on the Not in This Lifetime... Tour.

Melissa Reese NeWborder_zpsk3uwcgt1
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

Melissa Reese Empty Re: Melissa Reese

Post by Uli Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:37 pm

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/10/13/seahawks-announce-fan-activities-sundays-game

Seattle native, Melissa Reese will perform the anthem. Melissa attended Roosevelt High School and was a member of the award winning Vocal Jazz Ensemble.  Her hard work led her to record with the legendary Bootsy Collins as well as co-produce and write songs with Grammy-award winning producer Drumma Boy. Reese's music production on the remix for Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood" video resulted in a Grammy for Best Music Video in 2016. Melissa works quite a bit with critically acclaimed director Joseph Khan, most recently on his "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" reboot that amassed over 18 million views in two days. She also has tracks in several network cable series including: Showtime's "Inside the NFL," ABC's "Mistresses" and "Cashmere Mafia," E!'s "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" and The CW's "Gossip Girl." She and her partner Bryan "Brain" Mantia composed the music for the full-length major Playstation series release Infamous 2 - which received a nomination for Outstanding Achievement in Original Composition by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences. She has spent her career in the studio as a recording artist, composer and musician, and earlier this year joined legendary rock act Guns N' Roses as keyboard player.

Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9422

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:55 am

In an instagram post Melissa shed some news (to me at least) on how she come to be in GN'R:

Me and Caram Costanzo (aka CWeed) at the show yesterday (#copenhagen).... He is tha OG homie who held me down since forevs. We have co-written and produced some dope music together, laughed together, cried together and complained together. He is a huge reason why I'm in GnR, but more importantly he is insanely talented and hard working. Every show we play we are lucky our sound gets CARAMelized with love. Get woke to some Cweed fam!!! Love u CWeed!!! U destroy!!!

Last edited by Soulmonster on Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:55 am

Seems like the picture was too large. Anyway, in case the post disappears, here is the text:

Melissa wrote:Me and Caram Costanzo (aka CWeed) at the show yesterday (#copenhagen).... He is tha OG homie who held me down since forevs. We have co-written and produced some dope music together, laughed together, cried together and complained together. He is a huge reason why I'm in GnR, but more importantly he is insanely talented and hard working. Every show we play we are lucky our sound gets CARAMelized with love. Get woke to some Cweed fam!!! Love u CWeed!!! U destroy!!!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:11 am

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:36 pm

https://tinyurl.com/ybg2pfr7

The First Female Member of Iconic Rock Band Guns N' Roses Started As a Classically Trained Pianist

Behind the scenes with Melissa Reese.

Anyone who's seen Guns N Roses on their “Not in This Lifetime…Tour,” which kicked off in April 2016 and ends November 29, will have noticed Melissa Reese on keyboard and singing backup. The Seattle native is the only woman on stage with Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Dizzy Reed, Frank Ferrer, and Richard Fortus. She's also the only woman to have joined the band's ranks as a full-time member, period, since it formed in 1985. "People, unfortunately, even now in 2017, have a tendency to be harder on women,” she says. “You have to work to break glass ceilings and to be noticed and acknowledged. But if I spent my time worrying about that shit, [I’d] have less time to do the work.” Here, Reese, who also works as a composer for video games, movies, and TV, tells the full story of how she got to be part of an “iconic, larger-than-life” band.

Read more at:
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/career/a13140857/melissa-reese-interview-first-female-member-of-guns-n-roses-get-that-life/
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9422

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:58 am

Worth mentioning here, too: Melissa has now done more live shows with GN'R than Izzy ever did.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:35 pm

Soulmonster wrote:Worth mentioning here, too: Melissa has now done more live shows with GN'R than Izzy ever did.  

Surprised

Is this debatable?

Am I allowed to question that information here?

Innocent

Melissa has clearly done more live shows with Axl Rose than Izzy ever did

But has she ever done a live show with Guns n' Roses?

Has Guns n' Roses existed in the past 30 years?

Does Guns n' Roses exists because Axl Rose named his band as Guns n' Roses?

Questions!

Wink
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5296

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:42 pm

You are of course entirely free to be of the opinion that the current band is not Guns N' Roses, just like you can have many other opinions that are contrary to established facts.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Hoggledogglegee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down