APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

New music with Slash and Duff?

2 posters

Go down

New music with Slash and Duff? Empty New music with Slash and Duff?

Post by Soulmonster Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:53 am

This is an important one for me. If this new hybrid lineup result sin new music, then I am ALL for it. If , on the other hand, it is a pure nostalgia cash-grab thing, then I would have preferred a nuGuns lineup with the potential of new music sometime in the future.

Alan Nieven has apparently claimed Izzy is writing new music with the band. Not sure I believe that, but if it is true, then wooohooooo!!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

New music with Slash and Duff? Empty Re: New music with Slash and Duff?

Post by Uli Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:15 am

Let's hope so!
I can imagine the record company being much more interested in a follow-up to Chinese Democracy, when Slash und Duff are involved.
Also, back in 2014 (!) Richard reported that Axl was working on older material dating from the time when Slash was still in the band (which indicates they probably were already planning the reunion back then...):
http://tinyurl.com/zjgcber

Fortus shared some interesting new info on Guns N’ Roses’ follow-up to ‘Chinese Democracy.’ “A lot of the new stuff that we’ve been working on; some of the stuff come[s] from nothing and some of the stuff is stuff that we’ve been working on that were ideas that were already there. Some of the stuff Slash did — it was the beginning of the seed of the song that’s been around for a while.”
http://loudwire.com/guns-n-roses-slash-material-new-album-axl-rose-posts-photo-studio/
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9422

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:09 pm

New rumour coming up:
http://tinyurl.com/jz874un

It's in German, but you can look up the origin of the rumour here:
http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/2489/twits-tweets?page=88

MSL wrote:
i am under the impression that many of the songs from the group of songs we think of as the "second half" of chinese are still intended for release. slash & duff did some studio work on a couple of them, which will hopefully be released on a "best of" collection later this year.

Cool
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:16 pm

Uli wrote:New rumour coming up:
http://tinyurl.com/jz874un

It's in German, but you can look up the origin of the rumour here:
http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/2489/twits-tweets?page=88

MSL wrote:
i am under the impression that many of the songs from the group of songs we think of as the "second half" of chinese are still intended for release. slash & duff did some studio work on a couple of them, which will hopefully be released on a "best of" collection later this year.

Cool

It would be awesome if true, but I don't trust MSL further than I can throw my fat brother.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:23 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
It would be awesome if true, but I don't trust MSL ...

That's the problem here indeed. Suspect
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:14 am

So Izzy claimed he has NOT been writing with the band. But rumours now claim Slash is working on unreleased CD music. I wouldn't be surprised if Axl had that as a stipulation, because I still think he would like to get that material out someday, but I would be even less surprised if this also turns out to be nothing but a rumour.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:14 am

This rumour says an album was recorded before Ron and Dj left. Still, Slash and Duff might be recording parts for it (or have already done so):

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-new-album-recorded-surprising-lineup/

MSL has discussed Guns N’ Roses followup to Chinese Democracy on GNRTruth, revealing that the album was actually completed before Slash and Duff McKagan returned to the band.

“Recording was done before Ron [‘Bumblefoot’ Thal] & DJ [Ashba] left, but not before Bucket[head] & Robin [Finck] left.”

He added, “It was finished before Slash returned. Wouldn’t be hard to add Slash to the record.”
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:35 pm

I never trust anything MSL says.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Soulmonster wrote:I never trust anything MSL says.

And it's better that way... it's only very rarely that he has something real to say.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:01 am

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/best-evidence-yet-guns-n-roses-working-new-album/

A source close to the band has told Music Feeds that the current GNR lineup — that’s Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, rhythm guitarist Richard Fortus, drummer Frank Ferrer and keyboardists Melissa Reese and Dizzy Reed — have been busy writing new material together while on the road, and have plans to record a brand new album this year.

“In terms of a new album being recorded, it’s clearly evident the band would like to record an album after the tour ends, however, we believe it really depends on Angus Young’s plans for AC/DC, of which Axl is keen to do.”
Read more at http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/best-evidence-yet-guns-n-roses-working-new-album/#qDuGtoGotmJy4KQD.99
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed May 03, 2017 11:00 am

Some "rumours" about new music, sounds at least partly credible to me:

MyGNRForum administrator downzy recently wrote about Axl Rose working on Guns N’ Roses’ new album in 2014 and 2015 in new MYGNRForum posts.

“A lot of effort on Axl’s part went into finishing off many unreleased material in 2014-2015. When Bumble and Ashba left, it kind of left the entire operation in a lurch. There was an internally established goal within the camp to get something out in 2016. That plan was ultimately abandoned once Slash and Duff rejoined the band.

People may always want to believe it’s just Axl, but other egos play a factor. I’m sure Ron and others who left are nice people in their own way, but many have their own issues when it comes to working with others.”

downzy later posted more about the new material.

“It’s not up to debate, as I have first-hand knowledge that Axl was spending a ton of time in the studio in 2015 working on finishing off material that was previously recorded and worked on. Bumblefoot is probably correct in his own assessment that nothing was being written, but that’s from his own perspective. It appears that he just wasn’t involved in the song-writing process for reasons that only Axl could divulge.

We can debate over whether anything was ever going to come out, but my response was to your assertion that ‘new music has been given up on completely.’ If Axl had given up completely, he wouldn’t have been spending all the time working on the material in the vault. I go back to Axl’s interview with Kurt Loder from 1999 where he says he’s not putting in all this work to bury it. We might not care for the timeline that Axl operates with, but I believe he sees an end game while he’s in the studio or composing at his piano.”

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-original-new-album-plan-will-surprise-you/

MyGNRForum administrator downzy posted about new Guns N’ Roses material in a recent MyGNRForum post.

“Yeah, I’m in agreement that it’s highly questionable whether we’re actually going to get anything. If I had to guess (not based on any information passed along from me), Axl fluctuates between wanting to release new material and hanging everything up. As I said in my previous post, if we don’t hear anything from the band that indicates plans to release new material by the end of the year, I wouldn’t hold out much hope. But if we start getting interviews from Axl, Slash, and Duff whether on tour or shortly after that provides a little clarity and intentions going forward, then I think prospects are good.

I thought I’ve been pretty vocal the last couple of years about the fact that Axl was spending a lot of time in the studio. As you guess, I’m not a liberty as to reveal my sources, it’s definitely as rock solid as you can get. I was told multiple times by various sources that a new album was being prepped for a 2016 release and to meet that deadline Axl was spending a lot of time in the studio. And then it was announced that Bumble and Ashba were leaving and any news about new music dried up.

In fact, many sources completely cut communications once rumours of Slash returning to the fold. I think once the personal divide that separated the two was bridged and those involved understood the incredible amount of money within reach those efforts to release new material stopped immediately. Add in Axl’s involvement with AC/DC and the 2014-2015 plans were put on hold.

My hope is that the tours go well and perhaps Axl, Duff, and Slash revisit some of the material Axl was working on since most of it has to be close to completion. Release another album, do another round of touring, and then perhaps call it a day and/or focus on other projects like AC/DC.”

http://www.alternativenation.net/money-reportedly-delayed-new-guns-n-roses-album/
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:44 pm

New music would really help. The shows are good (I suppose Very Happy) but new music would make the band relevant again.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:35 pm

Last I heard was that Fortus said they were writing and trying things out in soundcheck, to me it sounds like NOTHING was finished and it will still be a long time until anything gets near releasing... Sad
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:44 pm

Uli wrote:Last I heard was that Fortus said they were writing and trying things out in soundcheck, to me it sounds like NOTHING was finished and it will still be a long time until anything gets near releasing... Sad

Yes, he mentioned that according to this article: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-possible-new-album/

Some scenarios:

1. The band already has old material from previous lineups that is more or less ready to go. Highly plausible, but whether it is enough for a complete album is anyone's guess. Personally I also doubt it is complete with Axl's vocals on all songs.

2. The band has old material and they will add Steven and Slash to some of these songs to make it more relevant and fresh. This was rumoured earlier but according to Richard it doesn't seem to have happened.

3. The band decides to write and record new material with the current lineup. That would be nice, but I doubt Axl has it in him to go through the whole process again. Richard also seems to suggest this is quite likely, but I dunno, and it would be sad if this meant the old material is simply scrapped.

I guess we will find out as the tour nears completion.

Or any combination of these.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down