APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

GN'R fan mountain hike august/september 2015

3 posters

Go down

GN'R fan mountain hike august/september 2015  Empty GN'R fan mountain hike august/september 2015

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Dear all,

Would anyone be interested in coming over to Norway in August or September for a weekend mountain hike? I am thinking about a two-day hike over Besseggen and Bukkelægret (the cabins Gjendeheim - Memurubu - Gjendebu). It is a nice introductary hiking trip in the Norwegian mountains that don't require any skills or special equipment (no scrambling or climbing). I have done this trip quite a few times now with friends and colleagues. Just pure walking in awesome mountain nature. It is probably the most popular hike here in Norway. Sleeping will be done at served mountain cabins, so we will carry no food, just clothes and sleeping bags. I guess if people came to Oslo airport I could pick people up and drive us to Gjendesheim (our starting point). Baring the cost of getting to Oslo, it wouldn't be very expensive. Norway has become relativelly cheap now with the weak kroner, and I could sponsor the accomodation at the cabins, if we are not too many. Besides, except for beers at the cabins there isn't really much to spend money on up in the mountains.

Equipment wise all that is needed is good hiking boots and clothes that woould suit whatever weather would be thrown at us (which could be anything from scorching sun to hail and snow, it is impossible to say at these altitudes in the early fall). We'll walk for 6-8 hours per day, over two days. The first day crosses tha famous Besseggen mountain (made famous by passages in Henrik Ibsen's Peer Gynt) and the second day down Bukkelægret to Gjendebu. The next day we return to Gjendeheim by boat across the Gjende lake.

I can't promise anything but hopefully a memorable trip with good company in glorious nature. Hopefully something one will remember for life.

I'll post some pictures later and suggest some weekends that works for me.

Give it a thought. It could be fun to meet you guys in real life.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

Back to top Go down

GN'R fan mountain hike august/september 2015  Empty Re: GN'R fan mountain hike august/september 2015

Post by denitza Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:15 pm

It sounds wonderful. Unfortunately this year I don`t plan a trip to Norway. In September I'll be on a trip to Stockholm and Copenhagen.
Really it sounds very interesting and I have friends who would make such a trip. Maybe we'll think for the next year.
denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4867

Back to top Go down

GN'R fan mountain hike august/september 2015  Empty Re: GN'R fan mountain hike august/september 2015

Post by Uli Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:42 pm

Come on denitza, Sweden is very close to Norway anyway. Wink

Soulmonster wrote:Give it a thought. It could be fun to meet  you guys in real life.

I've been thinking about it since I first read this post yesterday.
It comes a bit surprising, especially as August/September isn't too far away now. (To get the cheaper flights, I'd probably have to book "soon"...)
I haven't made firm holiday plans for this summer yet, but there are a few dates on which I should be here. Also, I'd need to buy decent hiking shoes before...

In short: it might be possible, but is far from certain.
It is a great idea and would be fun for sure, but it might need more time & planning as we have now. (Btw, how many "active members" do we have? Soulmonster, denitza, Johan, me... anyone elese?)
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9453

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Uli wrote:Come on denitza, Sweden is very close to Norway anyway. Wink

Soulmonster wrote:Give it a thought. It could be fun to meet  you guys in real life.

I've been thinking about it since I first read this post yesterday.
It comes a bit surprising, especially as August/September isn't too far away now. (To get the cheaper flights, I'd probably have to book "soon"...)
I haven't made firm holiday plans for this summer yet, but there are a few dates on which I should be here. Also, I'd need to buy decent hiking shoes before...

In short: it might be possible, but is far from certain.
It is a great idea and would be fun for sure, but it might need more time & planning as we have now. (Btw, how many "active members" do we have? Soulmonster, denitza, Johan, me... anyone elese?)

It's got to be before October because then the weather becomes a bit sketchy and the cabins are closed.

I have also posted on mygnrforum to see if anyone there would be interested.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:32 pm

I have booked flights and everything about 20-28 september. Everything is planed and connected with other people.

But I have tourist equipment for next year. :-)

I would be very happy if you make it happen this year. Go on! :-)

I'm waiting for pictures... :-)
denitza
denitza

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Of course, denitza, no problem. Enjoy your holiday!

Soulmonster wrote:
It's got to be before October because then the weather becomes a bit sketchy and the cabins are closed.

Of course, we don't want to hike in a blizzard or something. Wink
What I meant was more time for planning would have been good (e.g. announcing it in March), now many people will have plans for summer already.
Anyway, hope it'll happen and if I can join in, I'll let you know. Cool
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:43 pm

Yeahn, I agree, it was an entirely spontaneous idea Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:29 am

How about you, Johan? A proper mountain trip this time around?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:12 am

Looking unlikely for me. But if you tell us what weekend you got in plan, I will still check if maybe something can be done about it... Blanco
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:25 pm

Has anything happened with this? For any cheap flights it will be way too late now... but I'm still asking out of curiosity. Innocent
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:03 am

Sorry for the late reply. Just sent me a PM on this, too.

No, it won't happent this year. There was too little interest and myh calender got filled up. Maybe we can try again next year?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:17 am

Well, thanks for the info, I probably wouldn't have made it this year anyway.

Next year, as usual will have to wait and see how things are, but in theory I'm up for it. Cool

Maybe GN'R will be on tour and we can all meet at a gig? Mini shock
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:02 am

That'd be great, or maybe we could invite Duff t0 join us on a mountain trip Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:24 pm

We will have very cheap flights from Sofia to Oslo for the next year. So it could bi planned. https://wizzair.com/en-GB/Select Smile
denitza
denitza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down