APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.02.16 - Interview with Richard at One on One with Mitch Lafon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2015.02.16 - Interview with Richard at One on One with Mitch Lafon

Post by Soulmonster on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:41 am

Last edited by Soulmonster on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50432

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015.02.16 - Interview with Richard at One on One with Mitch Lafon

Post by Soulmonster on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:09 am

Some excertps, thanks to Mr. Miser at mygnrforum for transcribing:

On touring and new material:

"I don't think there's going to be any touring soon - we have been working on material- there's certainly starts and stops but we're still plugging away on it."

On Axl:

"I've never met someone who has so much genuine musical integrity. He won't himself out for business, he won't for money, it's just about the music. He won't defend himself in the press because he doesn't think it matters - it's just about the music. That's all he cares about. You know, I've worked with a lot of people in this business and I've never seen or met anybody who was motivated purely by that - by the desire to make art. And you can say whatever you want about him, because he's not going to defend himself, but he is that- and that's for sure."

On a reunion:

"Otherwise, there would've been a reunion, because the offers for money have been outrageous - he would never do a reunion unless it was for something besides money. There's been talks in passing man [about a reunion]."

On criticism of Axl:

"It depends on what they're criticizing. It frustrates fans with the lack of information given, it frustrates them with the lack of product, the fact that they wanna buy albums and support the band but they can't. You know we do tour, we have toured a lot...I don't if it it's justified or not."

On lateness:

"When I first joined the band I thought it was by design....It just takes Axl a long time to get in the right place, within himself."

On re-recorded AFD:

"This was before I was in the band...It was [done] to sort of get a read of where they were reading wise, sonically. I don't think it was with the intent of relicense and not have to pay the old band, or be able to control the masters."

Is there a Guns N' Roses

"Yeah, we're still here dude."
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50432

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum