APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2014.06.21 - Interview with Bumblefoot on One on On with Mitch Lafon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2014.06.21 - Interview with Bumblefoot on One on On with Mitch Lafon

Post by Soulmonster on Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:23 am

Last edited by Soulmonster on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50091

Back to top Go down

Re: 2014.06.21 - Interview with Bumblefoot on One on On with Mitch Lafon

Post by Soulmonster on Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:28 am

Summary from highvoltage at mygnrforum:

- Ron comes in at 9.50

- Speaks about the Kickstarter for the tour for the first 10 mins

- Starts talking about what to expect from the tour at 18 mins

- He explains that he's singing and playing lead, his original stuff, some instrumentals. A lot of the "crazy guitar stuff" because that's what the tour is about

- He's halfway through his next solo album at 21.30:

"It's coming out pretty melodic. I feel like I'm achieving something that I always wanted to and never quite really did... which is going back to Ace Frehley. It all goes back to Kiss. Because that's how my love for making music started.... Ace Frehley made the parts of the Kiss songs that you sang. It wasn't Paul Stanley's vocals, it was Ace's solos that you would sing. That's something that I never really felt like I nailed in my music (...) but there are certain guitar melodies that are just singable... and I feel like on this album, they're coming out.

- First GN'R bit at 23.20. Talks about the Duff shows briefly, what it was like to play with him.

- Starts talking about Kiss again at the 25 min mark

- Talks about doing more guitar clinics

- Gets asked about his back at the 30 mins mark

- Second GN'R bit at 31 mins. Talks about A4D:
"I'm curious. I'm very curious to see it. Actually I'm not. I never watch my own live stuff because I hear all the mistakes and all the screw ups and think it sounds terrible (....) but I hope people like it!"

Not much to take away, but interested to hear what he said about the new album. More melodic sounds good to me. He hit it at points on Normal, but it's something his solo music has definitely lacked in the past.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50091

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum