APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Sublime With Rome

3 posters

Go down

Sublime With Rome Empty Sublime With Rome

Post by Uli Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Travelled to Cologne on Friday Nov 15th, to meet a friend from the U.S., who happens to be roadie for this band. So when I arrived and found him, he took me to meet some band members (from Sublime and Dirty Heads, who supported) and roadies...
Thus I was able to take a look "behind the scenes". (But don't worry, they were all cool and professional, no bad backstage stories here...)
It was nice to meet Josh Freese (who'd just performed 3 gigs with The Replacements this summer and also played on many many albums with all kinds of musicians). He had only nice things to say about Axl (he worked with the band 1998-2000 I think), said he was always cool and generous. Cool 
He's a great drummer, I watched the first few songs from the side of the stage. Then I went into the audience, where it was loud and sweaty! Very Happy 
(Btw, support band Dirty Heads were pretty good as well, check them out if you like reggae etc.!)
Back to Sublime With Rome: they performed many songs, both old and new. The show was sold out, so the place was packed and the audience went wild and sang along to the "hits".
This is the setlist I nicked after the gig:
Sublime With Rome 1455948_538130616264061_925422317_n

I'm 100% certain they played a Nirvana cover which is not listed ("Drain You" I think it was and sounded great)!
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9422

Back to top Go down

Sublime With Rome Empty Re: Sublime With Rome

Post by denitza Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:17 pm

Couldn`t you take a picture with Josh Freese?Wink 
denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4836

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:08 am

Well, I did think about this before I got there. But I didn't even have my camera with me at the show (I took the pic of the setlist at home), because I was a "guest" only and I didn't want the band to be annoyed by someone who's taking pics in "private" moments (e.g. when they sit and have their meal, before they go onstage etc.) and basically I didn't want to come across as a "fanboy". So I'm sorry, no pics. (My friend took one of me loading Josh's drum into the bus later, but I haven't seen it yet...)
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:35 pm

That's really great Smile.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:53 pm

There were lots of people taking pics and/or filming, but sadly I couldn't find anything on youtube or elsewhere as yet! Doh! 

Just these from Berlin the week before:

Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:02 pm

Finally I found some videos from Cologne:

Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:41 am

A very interesting interview (done during the 2013 tour, but published recently). The pics from the tour bus look just like I remember it...  Wink 
I can find myself in some sentences there - back in the day I was never a big fan of reggae, but later I came to like it. Funny that they mention The Ruts - just a few weeks ago I saw Ruts DC (like Sublime W.R. they are some kind of "follow-up band", after their singer had died in 1980), who played many dub/reggae and punk songs!  Very Happy 

http://reggae-steady-ska.com/sublime-with-rome/
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed May 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Sublime With Rome on FB:

What's up everyone! We are so STOKED to announce our new album SIRENS is coming your way on FRI JULY 17! Pick up the first single “Wherever You Go” on iTunes RIGHT NOW

Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:13 am

Interview about the new album:
http://radio.com/2015/07/06/interview-sublime-with-rome-sirens/

Short quote, read more at the link above:

Josh Freeze has been playing live with you for years, but this is the first time you’ve recorded an album with him.

Dude, he’s really gifted. I always knew he was an incredible drummer, but he can shred on guitar, he can play bass, he can even sing! The dude’s kind of crazy. He’s got music in his blood. His brother and his father are the same way. He’s a really cool guy and brings a really open energy to the band. We really vibe as brothers and all of us are able to create super freely.

Has Josh brought anything to the table you wouldn’t have expected?

During that time when Bud was planning his exit, there was a lot of tension. Everybody was walking on egg shells. We didn’t want to piss off Bud. Now that Josh is in the band, it’s like a huge breath of fresh air. He’s so likable, he’s so cool. Anyone that’s ever met him will tell you the same thing. He’s just a good person and cares about making good music. When he came in, it was almost like it became another band, yet again. When it came down to writing music, his input was all over the place.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:25 am

Video premiere:

http://www.allmusic.com/blog/post/video-premiere-sublime-with-rome-wherever-you-go/

Album out on Friday (I will get it, but probably later).
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:36 pm

http://diffuser.fm/exclusive-sublime-with-rome-sirens/

New video. It's not my favourite song from the album... there are much better ones (especially the more grunge-y, punkrock songs, but also those which bear more reggae & ska roots). Also tour dates in the US starting tomorrow:

SUBLIME WITH ROME 2015 TOUR DATES
11/07 – Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
11/08 – Colorado Springs, CO @ City Auditorium
11/11 – Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Ballroom
11/12 – Grand Rapids, MI @ Orbit Room
11/14 – Binghamton, NY @ Magic City Music Hall
11/15 – Syracuse, NY @ F Shed at The Market
11/17 – Poughkeepsie, NY @ Mid-Hudson Civic Center
11/18 – Lancaster, PA @ Freedom Hall
11/20 – Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
11/21 – Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live
11/27 – Ventura, CA @ Majestic Ventura Theater
11/28 – Del Mar, CA @ Del Mar Race Track
12/09 – Grand Prairie, TX @ How The Edge Stole Christmas
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:34 am

Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:48 am

Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:53 am

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/sublime-to-mark-25th-anniversary-with-reissue-documentary-w472898

The group, which released 40oz. to Freedom in 1992, will reissue the late Bradley Nowell and company's 1995 Badfish EP, which will arrive on vinyl for the first time to celebrate Record Store Day on April 22nd; for last year's Record Store Day, the band reissued their 1991 cassette Jah Won't Pay the Bills on vinyl.

Additionally, Sublime are planning a pair of films based on the band's legacy: The first ever authorized documentary to tell the "real" story of the group, with Bud Gaugh, Eric Wilson and the Nowell estate all cooperating with the production, is currently in development. Sublime is also in advanced negotiations of a biopic about the band.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Oooh, looking forward to the docu. Hope it will come out.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:46 am

Didn't hear about that documentary again (so far)...

Anyway, they'll be releasing a new album in 2019, here is the first song. I guess I won't buy it. Josh's gone (to play with Sting a.o.) and I don't really enjoy the new single that much (it's okay, but the stuff on "Sirens" sounded better to my ears).
https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8490920/sublime-with-rome-wicked-heart-video
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:53 am

Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content