APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Hookers & Blow

2 posters

Go down

Hookers & Blow Empty Hookers & Blow

Post by Uli Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:37 pm

Can you name the tune? from djashba jumpin on stage with Dizzy Reed's Hookers & Blow this weekend in Vegas
http://instagram.com/p/gUBkiRtDpO/#
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9453

Back to top Go down

Hookers & Blow Empty Re: Hookers & Blow

Post by Soulmonster Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:23 pm

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist DJ ASHBA Performs With DIZZY REED's HOOKERS & BLOW In Las Vegas (Video)

November 5, 2013

GUNS N' ROSES and SIXX: A.M. guitarist DJ Ashba joined HOOKERS & BLOW, the band featuring GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed and QUIET RIOT guitarist Alex Grossi, on stage past Saturday, November 2 at Count's Vamped in Las Vegas to perform a cover version of the ZZ TOP classic "Tush". Fan filmed video of DJ's appearance can be seen below. Other guests that appeared on stage during HOOKERS & BLOW's Las Vegas debut included Jizzy Pearl (LOVE/HATE, RATT) and Jeff Duncan (ARMORED SAINT, ODIN).

HOOKERS & BLOW recently completed its second 2013 residency at the world-famous Whisky A Go Go, with guest musicians that included members of MARILYN MANSON, THE CULT, QUIET RIOT, W.A.S.P., IGNITE, ALICE COOPER, T.S.O.L. and ACE FREHLEY.

The official merchandise of HOOKERS & BLOW is now available exclusively online and in-store at Forgotten Saints LA.

"We are very excited to be taking the HOOKERS & BLOW brand to the next level," said Reed, "The whole concept has become somewhat legendary over the past decade and one thing that has been constant throughout is the demand for merchandise, especially for stuff beyond just the standard black t-shirt."

Forgotten Saints online store ships worldwide from its world-renowned Melrose Avenue boutique in Hollywood, California.

Asked what his strongest memories are of the time when GUNS N' ROSES released "Use Your Illusion I" and "Use Your Illusion II" simultaneously in 1991 and they became the biggest rock band on the planet, Reed told The Maitland Mercury: "It was definitely a pinch-myself-every-once-in-a-while situation to see if I was dreaming. But it I had known them before they even got signed and Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES lead singer] had talked about having me in the band from very early on and then to watch them become so gigantic, I was always wondering if it was really going to happen. But he's a man of his word and when they were ready to start tracking those songs and those albums he called me and I got a phone call a couple of days later from Del James who was putting together the press release and said, 'Congratulations, you're in GUNS N' ROSES.' When I joined the band, they were chartering this jet that we used to fly around on everywhere for those three years. So I toured with a major band for three years and one day I was sitting around with some of the guys in the crew and they were all telling bus stories — stories about things that happened on the [tour] bus. It got to me and they said, 'C'mon, Dizzy, what are some of your bus stories?' and I said, 'I've never been on a bus.' But, you know what? I've been on a shitload of buses since then. I prefer it these days — I like being on the bus and rolling down the highway."
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-guitarist-dj-ashba-performs-with-dizzy-reeds-hookers-blow-in-las-vegas-video/#038cxT04iJJk5ftj.99

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

Back to top Go down