APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2007.06.20 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia

2 posters

Go down

2007.06.20 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia Empty 2007.06.20 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:30 pm

June 20, 2007 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia
Setlist:
01. Welcome to the Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Live and Let Die
Robin's guitar solo
05. Sweet Child O' Mine
06. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
07. You Could Be Mine
Dizzy's piano solo (Angie)
08. Street of Dreams
09. Better
Richard's guitar solo
Richard & Robin guitar duet (People Get Ready)
10. Out Ta Get Me
Axl's piano solo
11. November Rain
12. I.R.S.
Bumblefoot's guitar solo (Back In Black, Australian National Anthem, Don't Cry)
13. My Michelle (w/ Sebastian Bach)
14. Patience
15. Nightrain
Encore:
16. Madagascar
17. Paradise City

Date:

Venue:
Brisbane Entertainment Centre.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals and piano
Richard Fortus: Rhythm guitarist
Bumblefoot: Lead guitarist
Robin Finck: Lead guitarist
Tommy Stinson: Bass
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Dizzy Reed: Keyboards
Chris Pitman: Keyboards.
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

2007.06.20 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia Empty Re: 2007.06.20 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia

Post by Blackstar Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:11 am

Review in Townsville Bulletin, June 22, 2007:
Guns Don't Fire

By Selina Sharratt

WHAT was the most exciting and entertaining rock outfit over a decade ago is now the kind of band that would have supported Guns N Roses in their heyday.

The highly anticipated arrival of arguably the world's biggest rock band at Brisbane Entertainment Centre on Wednesday night was a little disappointing. It was a lot of money to pay for a night of karaoke of the Gunners past hits.

No one wants to let the legend die but someone needs to tell the sole surviving original member Axl Rose that half-heartedly performing your old classics from an era that's gone by and offering little new material doesn't give a fan much choice.

Die-hards waited 14 years to hear their new album, Chinese Democracy.

But the band played only two or three songs from it.

Admittedly, the new album wasn't what the crowd had come to hear -- they wanted the hits and barely moved when the band wasn't playing them.

The band did their best to relive the heyday that saw members of Guns N Roses become rock gods. And the new lot gelled well with the famous front man.

The lights dimmed at about 11.30pm and that unmistakable riff let rip.

A few seconds later, just as expected that rustic voice screamed `Do you know where you are? You're in the jungle baby?'

The stage lit up and there standing in front of an adoring crowd was Axl Rose, about 10kg heavier but the man could still move.

And off he went. There were several occasions when it was hard to hear him and although it looked like he was trying hard, frankly he looked a little flat.

He said had sunk a few the night before and taken himself off to bed at about 8am that morning after `drowning his sorrows' from a poor showing in Brisbane the night before.

While the rock'n'roll lifestyle for the feisty redhead mightn't have changed, the fans have.

They're older now and seeing the first glimpse of the band at 11.30pm was too late. It's past our bedtime.

But no one went to sleep. That's the hard thing to explain about the concert. While it was flat in part, it was also a truly awesome experience to see the new look Gunners and hear that amazing sound and those amazing songs.

Fans hung on every word of their hits. Live and Let Die, Don't Cry, November Rain and my absolute favourite, Sweet Child O' Mine.

There were also some awesome solos on guitar that hushed the crowd for minutes at a time.

In fact I was surprised to find myself with one hand permanently fixed in the air thumping away with a closed-fist rock hand gesture for the duration of the show.

It's something you just have to see because of who they are and how much they impacted on the music scene way back when.

Don't get me wrong. The new line-up of musos is unreal and just as talented as, if not more than, the last lot. But they'd be better served doing their own thing.

People wanted to know if the Gunners could be like the band of old with only one remaining original member.

I'm torn.

The truth is Guns N Roses with only the rose just doesn't hit the mark.

Hearing the songs, seeing Axl -- that was priceless.

A good show -- a better CD collection.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down