APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2013.05.23 - Interview with Bumblefoot at 2013 Golden Gods Awards

Go down

2013.05.23 - Interview with Bumblefoot at 2013 Golden Gods Awards

Post by Soulmonster on Sun May 26, 2013 3:43 am

Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 51534

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013.05.23 - Interview with Bumblefoot at 2013 Golden Gods Awards

Post by puddledumpling on Wed May 29, 2013 1:57 pm

I've got the most excellent acoustic EP Ron mentions: Tony Harnell and the Wildflowers featuring Bumblefoot. I've been listening to the download and got the hard copy in the mail just a few days ago. I was anticipating it being signed by Tony but was doubly pleased Very Happy Very Happy that Ron, Cassandra and Amy signed it too.

I heard about the project originally from Ron and then read Tony mention that the seeds of the idea came from his interest in rock violinist Cassandra Sotos and I was sold on it before it was even recorded.
puddledumpling

Plectra : 4518

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Wed May 29, 2013 6:12 pm

So it's good?
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 51534

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling on Thu May 30, 2013 5:00 am

Yes. I've had a kismet of music in 2013 so far with new releases and two pre-record pledge drives I participated in, this one and also Massachusetts artist Michael Tarbox. All of these are in heavy rotation in my home and in my car while I commute 6 days a week.

I was very pleased with both recordings when I finally received them and I got to admit, the updates at intervals during the recording and finishing processes made me feel involved besides the money. They came out in time near each other and in the meantime Tyla Pallas released the acoustic album Devil's Supper hands down his best so far and I had pre-ordered Bow Thayer and Perfect Trainwreck's kind of bluegrass opera album called Eden, a departure from yet addition to his previous body of work all of which I own. Bow Thayer has worked with a violinist on previous albums that really grabbed my ears - her interpretations while backing up Bow's songwriting had gotten to me so I was ripe for Tony's description of the impact Cassandra Soto's playing had on him. I'd love to see this band live, so far I've had minimum exposure. Tony is Tony, consummate front man and Ron is The Bumblefoot and from what I have seen/heard of Cassandra in the video updates Tony sent to us who pledged recording fees for the EP while it was in progress she comes across as droll and casual while spot-on proficient with an EDGE you can tell she's got the chops to cut loose in the right stage atmosphere - a palpable creative tension I find entertaining and I'd like to hear more. This band is the kind of ensemble that can handle a hat full of musical fireworks with aplomb.

How's that for name dropping and adjective abuse?
I am shirking at work now and have to go write two paragraphs of marketing flim-flam about something not as good as I have to make it sound for a website update but I feel better about that now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by puddledumpling on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added photo - that's Cassandra on the far right +1)
puddledumpling

Plectra : 4518

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum