APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2013.05.21 - Interview with Dj in In The Now Magazine

Go down

2013.05.21 - Interview with Dj in In The Now Magazine

Post by Soulmonster on Wed May 22, 2013 12:18 am

Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 54904

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013.05.21 - Interview with Dj in In The Now Magazine

Post by Soulmonster on Fri May 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Some excerpts:

About how he got the job as guitarist at Guns N' Roses: "I got a call from Guns management and they said they'd been looking for a new guitar player on the down low for about a year and a half and had gone through numerous guitar players and just weren't finding what Axl was looking for. And they asked if I'd come down...and I said yeah...didn't really think a whole lot about it..Evidently, when Axl got wind that I was coming down, he called management, said if he even shows up, he has the gig..It just kind of happened so organically."

About working with Axl Rose: "I think it's everything you could imagine it being. It's very surreal...I have so much respect for him and vice versa and it's just really cool to share the stage with one of the last living legends out there. He is just insane every night...Axl doesn't do anything half-a-and neither does the band."

About Axl Rose's stamina in performing every night: "The one that impresses me so much about playing with somebody like Axl is there's not one of these songs that's easy to sing. This guy goes out and not only runs for three hours on stage, full blast, singing these songs, he does it night after night. Which is just mind-blowing to me. I don't know how he does it..it's one thing to play guitar for three hours but it's another one to be singing these songs...pretty insane!"

About upcoming GNR releases: "Well just now, I'm just in the studio writing every day. I'm writing every free moment I have...Axl's coming out in about a week and yeah, we're just going to have fun and hopefully get in the studio and make some magic."
Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 54904

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum