APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2013.04.03 - Música e Cinema - Interview with Bumblefoot

2 posters

Go down

2013.04.03 - Música e Cinema - Interview with Bumblefoot Empty 2013.04.03 - Música e Cinema - Interview with Bumblefoot

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:10 am

Ron, what are your expectations for this year? Are you planning to create something solo?

GNR has a few US shows coming up, and I'll be doing more acoustic shows with Tony Harnell - our acoustic album will be released soon... Chris Pitman & Frank Ferrer & I have a band together called 'Blowout', we play electronic music mixed with classic rock & live guitar & drums. I'd like to do more guitar workshops, and would like to make some new instrumental music.

With Guns N 'Roses, what are you planning for the year?

GNR has a few US shows coming up, that's all that's confirmed so far...

What’s the emotion to enter in Guns N’ Roses?

Do you mean 'what was it like to join GNR'? It was strange circumstances. Very strange. But the feeling was pretty normal, doing what I love... Smile

How was the invite to become a member of the band and who did?

It was in 2004 when we first started chatting, but it wasn't until April 2006 that GNR had a tour and was ready to move forward.

Why do you think that some fans didn't accept the Chinese Democracy?

Can't please everybody.

I know that it is a repetitive question, but there is a possibility of create a new álbum? If so, the sonority will be similar to Chinese Democracy or any other álbum of the band?

Anything is possible. I'm ready any time....

When did you start your career you hoped to become who you are today?

I was 6 years old. I heard the KISS Alive! album when I was 5 and immediately knew I wanted to be a musician. Soon after I started studying music & learning guitar, writing songs, had a band, playing shows, making demos, and never stopped...

What are your musical influences?

Classic rock, 60's rock, punk, old-school metal, prog rock... Queen, Zep, AC/DC, Beatles, Pistols, Blondie, Yes, Priest, Maiden, Ozzy, *Manowar* - ahhhh, can make a list 1000 bands long... also got into jazz, classical, lots of other styles from different parts of the world Smile

Quote three guitarists and three vocalists you like

Guitarists - Eddie Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Brian May. Vocalists - Eric Adams (Manowar), Tony Harnell (TNT), Rob Halford (Judas Priest).

When you’re not on stage, what would you like to do?

When not on stage, I'm in the studio, creating... that's my favorite thing to do Smile

How rewarding it is to be active on the internet (social media) and see the admiration of your fans and interact with them?

It's fun...! It's something I wish I could have had as a kid, to talk to members of my favorite band. We live in good times... Smile

Besides you and Axl, who else makes compositions inside the band?

Everybody in the band is a songwriter, *good* ones.

How it is the acquaintanceship with Axl Rose?

It's fine, a lot of joking around and 'ball-busting'...

A lot of people says that the ambiente in the band is the disunion; but, there are people that say that it’s a Strong group. So, How it it the interaction and union in the group? Who are the integrantes in the big tours?

The people that know the least usually have the strongest opinions, lol. The band-members are all close, how could we not be?

Which musics do you like most to play?

Rock & metal of course. But also acoustic, jazz, funk, different kinds of ethnic music...

Is there any music of Axl Rose that you want to play in a show, but you didn’t had the opportunity yet?

I like the faster-paced songs, like Perfect Crime, would like to play that one. Wouldn't mind playing Scraped & Shackler's at more shows too.

What’s the influence that Guns N’ Roses has in your career?

It's been like trying to juggle on a runaway roller-coaster, lol. Between my own music, my own shows, teaching, producing, writing for TV & film, guest performing with others, charity work, it's been a difficult challenge to do it all.

Do you intend to spend more time on your solo career?

If there's time, yes. Time is the one thing I don't ever have enough of...

What do you think about the shows in Brazil and the public?

Some of the most loving crowds you'll ever see... Smile It was great to come back to Brasil in February with Blowout, we had a fantastic time in Florianopolis! Hope we can play more shows all around Brasil Smile

Is there a possibility of making more shows in Brasil soon?

Anything is possible, will have to see what 'comes down the pipeline'....

You’re very sympatic with your fans, leaving the hotel, talking to them, making shows on the street only for please them... How gratifying it is to have their passion?

The connection is everything Smile

To end the interview, let a message for the Música e Cinema fans:

Thank you so much for your time, for reading this Smile Hope to see you all soon! With GNR, Blowout, Tony Harnell, or a solo show. Love you!!

Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal

Last edited by Soulmonster on Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

2013.04.03 - Música e Cinema - Interview with Bumblefoot Empty Re: 2013.04.03 - Música e Cinema - Interview with Bumblefoot

Post by puddledumpling Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:04 pm

"Shitty interview"
agreed - seems to have been a language barrier.
Was the comment manet's?

btw, when I read Ron's quote "Anything is possible. I'm ready at any time" I had a fleeting vision of him on a windy rooftop of some famous recording studio wearing a spandex suit and a cape. 2013.04.03 - Música e Cinema - Interview with Bumblefoot 2043304344
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6652

Back to top Go down

2013.04.03 - Música e Cinema - Interview with Bumblefoot Empty Re: 2013.04.03 - Música e Cinema - Interview with Bumblefoot

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:39 pm

Yeah, that was "manet's comment, but I concur.

Hehe, Bumbleman!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down