APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2006.06.20 - Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France

2 posters

Go down

2006.06.20 - Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France Empty 2006.06.20 - Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France

Post by Soulmonster Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:02 am

Date:
June 20, 2006.

Venue:
Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy.

Setlist:
01. Welcome to the Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Live and Let Die
05. Sweet Child O'Mine
06. Madagascar
07. You Could Be Mine
08. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
09. Street of Dreams
10. Out Ta Get Me
11. Better
12. November Rain
13. I.R.S.
14. My Michelle
15. Used to Love Her [w/ Izzy]
16. Patience [w/ Izzy]
17. Nightrain [w/ Izzy]
18. Chinese Democracy
19. Paradise City [w/ Izzy]

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Richard Fortus (rhythm guitarist), Bumblefoot (lead guitarist), Robin Finck (lead guitarist), Tommy Stinson (bass), Dizzy Reed (keyboards), Chris Pitman (keyboards) and Brain (drums).

Notes:
Brain's last show with Guns N' Roses after he left to be with his pregnant wife. See the press release here.

2006.06.20 - Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France Rightarrow Next concert: 2006.06.24.
2006.06.20 - Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France Leftarrow Previous concert: 2006.06.17.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

Back to top Go down

2006.06.20 - Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France Empty Re: 2006.06.20 - Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France

Post by Blackstar Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:35 pm

NME, June 21, 2006:
Guns N’ Roses reunite again with Izzy Stradin

The guitarist is special guest at Paris show

Guns N’ Roses reunited again with former member Izzy Stradin in Paris last night (June 20).

The guitarist joined-up with Axl Rose and his band at the Bercy concert hall in the French capital.

As at this year’s Download Festival, Stradin played on tracks ‘Patience’ and ‘I Used To Love Her’, but also joined Guns N’ Roses on their signature single ‘Paradise City’.

Playing for around three hours, the band also included Bob Dylan cover ‘Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door’ and several new songs, including ‘Madagascar’ and ‘IRS’.

The set also that featured a series of instrumental covers, including songs by David Bowie and Christina Aguilera.

Guns N’ Roses played:

‘Welcome To The Jungle’

‘It’s So Easy’

‘Mr Brownstone’

‘Live And Let Die’

Robin Finck guitar solo

‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’

‘Madagascar’

‘You Could Be Mine’

‘Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door’

‘Ziggy Stardust’ Dizzy Reed piano solo

‘Beautiful’ Richard Fortus guitar solo

‘Out Ta Get Me’

‘Don’t Cry’ Bumblefoot guitar solo

‘Better’

‘November Rain’

‘IRS’

‘My Michelle’

‘I Used To Love Her’ (with Izzy Stradlin)

‘Patience’ (with Izzy Stradlin)’

‘Night Train’

‘The Blues’

Robin Finck guitar solo

‘Paradise City’ (with Izzy Stradlin)
https://www.nme.com/news/music/guns-n-roses-312-1353088
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

2006.06.20 - Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France Empty Re: 2006.06.20 - Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France

Post by Blackstar Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:13 pm

Review in Le Parisien (translated by me), June 21, 2006:
Axl Rose was long overdue

Paris-Bercy Sports Palace (XIIe), last night.

By Sébastien Catroux

When Axl Rose, the singer of Guns N 'Roses, took the stage for the first time in France since 1993, he had a lot to make up for. Expected around 9 p.m., he finally showed up at 10:40 p.m. - a record of its kind.

While waiting for him to turn up, all kinds of rumors were flying around, between beers, in the aisles of a packed Bercy. "He's going to sing just for half an hour, like a few weeks ago in London,” some said. "He fired his guitarists and his drummer yesterday. Eventually only the drummer came back and they’ve been rehearsing, if not learning, the songs all afternoon. That’s why the opening bands couldn’t rehearse and why they’ve been so late,” affirmed others... This version, in line with rock 'n' roll romanticism and the man’s notorious instability, was the most popular among the soothsayers.

And then, at 10:40 p.m., as the boos and the gestures of discontent were multiplying, Axl Rose, the only original member of the hard rock band known in the early 1990s as Guns N’ Roses, took the stage. "I've been preparing three years for this tour”, he stated after “Welcome to the Jungle,” an appropriate show opener for the occasion, followed later by: "I feel better. Five songs ago, I still felt bad.” Miraculously, his old hits, sung in a beautiful high-pitched voice, still worked: "Live and Let Die," a Paul McCartney's Wings cover, as well as the iconic “Sweet Child O 'Mine" (despite the awful guitar solo intro).

"Tell the truth, you didn't think we were coming, did you?” he said at one point, without even getting an angry reaction from the – dulled by the wait and the heat - audience. After an extended version of Bob Dylan’s "Knocking on Heaven's Door," the pianist went to cover Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust". Would Axl Rose come back to sing? Fortunately, he did. At 12.50 a.m., he was still on stage.
https://www.leparisien.fr/culture-loisirs/axl-rose-s-est-fait-attendre-21-06-2006-2007094347.php
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down