APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2002.12.05 - Madison Square Garden, New York, USA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2002.12.05 - Madison Square Garden, New York, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:46 am

Date:
December 5, 2002.

Venue:
Madison Square Garden.

Setlist:
01. Welcome to the Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Live and Let Die
05. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
06. Think About You
07. You Could Be Mine
08. Sweet Child O'Mine
09. Out Ta Get Me
10. November Rain
11. Chinese Democracy
12. Madagascar
13. Rocket Queen
14. Street of Dreams
15. My Michelle
16. Patience
17. Nightrain
18. Paradise City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Richard Fortus (rhythm guitarist), Buckethead (lead guitarist), Robin Finck (lead guitarist), Tommy Stinson (bass), Dizzy Reed (keyboards), Chris Pitman (keyboards) and Brain (drums).

Notes:
This ended up being the last show with Buckethead.

Next concert: 2006.05.12.
Previous concert: 2002.12.03.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50349

Back to top Go down

Re: 2002.12.05 - Madison Square Garden, New York, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:13 am

This was the last show in 2002, the band was supposed to play the night after, and 14 more shows, but it didn't happen. The rest of teh tour was cancelled.

When the band (now Axl and a bunch of ringers) returned after an eight-year layoff, its front man had hardly mellowed. At this gig, Larry Magid, one of the promoters for GNR’s Philly tour stop, started to worry when Mix Master Mike’s opening set went on well beyond its scheduled last song. “The managers weren’t able to persuade the band to go on,” recalls Magid. “Whatever psychological issues Axl was having, he just couldn’t get onstage.” By 9:30, Mike was finished, but GNR still hadn’t shown; near midnight, an announcer declared the band would not be performing. (The rumor was that Rose was in New York watching basketball on TV.) “The audience responded,” Magid says, “by wrecking the place — almost $200,000 in damages.” As the Philly papers reported, fans threw bottles, chairs, and (somehow) ceiling tiles. “They’re not my favorite band,” says Magid. Things were bad outside the arena, too: In the parking lot, somebody threw a trash can through a Toyota Camry’s windshield. “I did one show with them, and that’s all I wanted to do,” Magid says. “Why would you subject yourself to the promise of more punishment?”
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50349

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum