APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1992.01.25 - Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, USA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1992.01.25 - Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:20 am

Date:
January 25, 1992.

Venue:
Thomas & Mack Center.

Setlist:
XX: Rocket Queen
XX: You Could Be Mine
XX: November Rain
XX: Nightrain
XX: Yesterdays
XX: Paradise City
[Setlist incomplete]

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Gilby Clarke (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass), Dizzy Reed (keyboards) and Matt Sorum (drums).

Quotes:
I think it's pretty much on my shoulders and I don't mind that at all. The band works the stage and gets off on the crowd, but I'm kind of a shield. If I'm gone they don't really know how to get on top of it. If I'm out there and not handling it, no one can really rescue me. It's just very hard sometimes. We've done shows where I could feel that it was a very taking thing and I turn around and Slash is doing handstands because he's still getting off on the chaos of it. And I'm having the shit beat out of me. This happened in Vegas. My jaw was hurting, my back was hurting, my leg was hurting. I call it shadow boxing because it comes down to between me and the audience. And for Guns N' Roses to be successful, I have to win. And if I win, everyone wins. If the crowd wins then a lot of people lose, including the crowd. They didn't get to be satiated, they get to go home pissed off because we crumbled under it.. [Musician, Shadow Boxing with Axl Rose, June 1992]
Next concert: 1992.01.27.
Previous concert: 1991.01.22.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50348

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum