APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Silkworms

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Silkworms

Post by Soulmonster on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:25 am

SILKWORMS
Album:
Never released.

Written by:
Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman.

Live performances:
Silkworms was played for the first time at The House of Blues on January 1, 2001. In total it has, as of {UPDATEDATE}, at least been played {SILKWORMSONGS} times.
Lyrics:
Listen motherfuckers to this song that should be heard
Thrown down in the gutter, it's more than you deserve
Kneeling fucking virgin, you know that's what you are
Pussy for a maggot, isn't that a shock

What can I do? With a bitch like you
You know that it's true
All I have I ask of you
I'll be dammed
If it's not true
A bitch like you

Get your head down in the sky
Fucking little schemer got yourself a broken heart
Syphilitic preachers baby I know who you are
Parasitic demons sucking acid through your heart

What can I do? With a bitch like you
You know that it's true
All I have I ask of you
I'll be dammed
If it's not true
A bitch like you

Quotes:
[/i]
Umm... it was passed back and forth on our [Dizzy's and Chris'] computers. yea.. you know, we do a lot of work now on computers. We pass it back and forth and I had a couple riffs so... yea[...] It kind of went away. I mean we actually played it a few times live... but... I'm sure it'll up at some point. [Madagascar88, January 2006].

[...] It ended up being this incredible track that sounded like Guns N' Roses 10 or 15 years in the future. It was so far removed from our other songs that we had to put it in this other place. Concept-wise, it didn't fit with Chinese Democracy. We hope we will have other songs that match that kind of futuristic sound. It's a really exciting track because it morphs into this crazy sound, but it was out so much in the other direction that we have to let time catch up with it [DMG, October 2008].

This next song was written by Mr. Dizzy Reed, and Mr. Chris Pitman. This is called Silkworms [Introducing the song, Rock in Rio 2001].

Describing the state of 'Silkworms': [It] has a lot of guitars, lots of different drum the chorus is gone [Axl chats with fan forums, December 2008].
[i]

'Silkworms' performed live at Rock in Rio, January 15, 2001:

Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50300

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum