APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

When will the next GN'R record come out?

3 posters

Go down

When will the next GN'R record come out?

When will the next GN'R record come out? Vote_lcap33%When will the next GN'R record come out? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
When will the next GN'R record come out? Vote_lcap33%When will the next GN'R record come out? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
When will the next GN'R record come out? Vote_lcap0%When will the next GN'R record come out? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
When will the next GN'R record come out? Vote_lcap0%When will the next GN'R record come out? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

When will the next GN'R record come out? Empty When will the next GN'R record come out?

Post by Soulmonster Mon May 21, 2012 9:56 am

Simple survey.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

When will the next GN'R record come out? Empty Re: When will the next GN'R record come out?

Post by 666 Mon May 21, 2012 10:00 am

I firmly believe something will come out this year. There's only so many times you can tour. He certainly can't do the US again without new product. The last 3 US tours were not exactly setting attendance records.

Plus, Axl's nearing 51. He has to realize that his age is a factor. Too much time wasted as it is.

And he's got a bunch of able songwriters in the band and it seems as if he's still got a good relationship with Mantia and Finck and he can use them if needed as well.

Making a record is not rocket science.

Plectra : 5356

Back to top Go down

When will the next GN'R record come out? Empty Re: When will the next GN'R record come out?

Post by Soulmonster Mon May 21, 2012 8:21 pm

Ooh, I wish I shared your optimism.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Tue May 22, 2012 3:50 am

I'm guessing a live recording, perhaps video bonus will be released - while working up previously unreleased songs - that will document best performances of the songs from Chinese Democracy and some of the classic songs from Appetite, maybe from UYIs. The new release will be planned to come out not too much longer or around Xmas of 2012 but will be released when Axl is happy with it which will be later if it has to because he won't release anything he isn't pleased with. If a U.S. tour is in the works, I doubt it would do well without new material. It likely won't be scheduled in any way until the music part and artwork is approved and only the manufacture and distribution of cds remains to be executed. I voted for 2013.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6652

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 22, 2012 7:15 am

Hmm, I hadn't thought about a live record. That's plausible Smile

As to a new record with original music, I think there are signs pointing to an early release (2012/2013) and to a later release:

EARLY RELEASE:
- Richard has said they hope to release this year.
- Richard has said they have recorded in 2011 (before RIR).
- Many band members (Richard, Dj, Tommy) have said a new record is a top priority.
- We know there are songs from the CD sessions already written and in an almost finished state.
- Axl had a vision of releasing three (or two) record rapidly.
- A new leak with Axl's voice has surfaced (Blood in the Water)

LATER RELEASE:
- Despite the band's claim of releasing music being a top priority they still went on yet another tour.
- No new music has been played while on tour.
- Some band members seem completely oblivious to the band working on a new record (Bumblefoot, Dizzy).
- Axl seems to have discarded his vision of rapid releases since it is now almost 4 years since CD was released.
- GN'R has a history of postponements and delays.

Any other signs that should be added?

Still, there are signs pointing in both direction, I guess it is a matter of which of these we put weight on and on hope.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down