APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.05.12 - Banana Fusion - Interview with DJ

Go down

2012.05.12 - Banana Fusion - Interview with DJ Empty 2012.05.12 - Banana Fusion - Interview with DJ

Post by Soulmonster Sat May 12, 2012 1:01 pm

Dj ASHBA is an American musician, producer, songwriter and CEO of Ashba Media. He is the lead guitarist in Guns N’ Roses and Sixx:A.M. He is also known for his work with hard rock bands BulletBoys and Beautiful Creatures. ASHBA has worked with various artists including Mötley Crüe, Drowning Pool, Marion Raven, Aimee Allen and Neil Diamond.

We caught up with Dj ASHBA just hours before heading out on his European tour with Guns N’ Roses.. and here’s what he had to say:

BFM: As you were growing up, who were your idols and why?

Elvis Presley. He changed the entire face of music through rock and roll.

BFM: At age 19 you set out for Hollywood to make it as a rockstar, 21 years later you’re a Mega Star.. Was that how you imagined it would go?

Yes. I just thought it’d happen sooner.

BFM: Tell us about AshbaSwag.com and the reason for creating it.

I was always an artist. It’s my artistic expression. I got tired of being in a rock band and not being able to find unique clothes, so I teamed up with Cody and we designed a bunch of cool stage clothes…then made those available to anyone who wants something unique, rare, and handmade.

BFM: Do you have a favorite song? If so what would it be?

Unfortunately there’s too many great songs in the world to pick a favorite, but I do love “My Way” by Frank Sinatra, in the style of Elvis Presley.

BFM: What did it mean to you replacing Robin Finck and playing for the legendary rock band Guns N’ Roses?

I didn’t come into Guns N’ Roses to replace anybody, I am my own person, and I’m looking forward to the future of Guns N’ Roses.

BFM: When all the rocking is over, how do you like to chill out?

If I’m not playing guitar I’m finding other outlets for my creativity (either writing, designing, producing, etc.) I enjoy a good horror flick.

BFM: Where to after the tour?

To Las F’n Vegas!

BFM: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

My goal is to score films, and to build ASHBA Swag into the coolest Rock and Roll Clothing brand around.

BFM: Describe DJ Ashba in one word?

Demented, or mental. (Laughs)

BFM: Why did you get involved with BullyVille.com?

I felt it was the perfect opportunity talk about some really hard, deep seeded issues, and to help others who may have gone through the same.

BFM: Ever been in love?

Yes.

BFM: What advice would you give teenagers trying to break into this business?

Grow a thick skin, you can have and be anything you want in this world as long as you’re willing to work as hard as it takes to get there.

BFM: If you had the chance to go back to when you where you first started, would you change anything?

No, I wouldn’t. I made the mistakes that helped me learn and grow and become who I am today.

Source: http://www.bananadesigns.ca/dj-ashba/
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

Back to top Go down