APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.03.03 - House of Blues Orlando, Lake Buena Vista, USA

Go down

2012.03.03 - House of Blues Orlando, Lake Buena Vista, USA Empty 2012.03.03 - House of Blues Orlando, Lake Buena Vista, USA

Post by Soulmonster Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Date:
March 3, 2012.

Venue:
House of Blues Orlando.

Setlist:
01. Chinese Democracy
02. Welcome to the Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. You're Crazy
06. Sorry
07. Rocket Queen
08. Estranged
Richard Fortus guitar solo
09. Live and Let Die
10. This I Love
11. Used to Love Her
12. Motivation
Dizzy Reed piano solo
13. Street of Dreams
14. You Could Be Mine
Dj Ashba guitar solo
15. Sweet Child O' Mine
Axl Rose piano solo
16. November Rain
Bumblefoot guitar solo
17. Don't Cry
18. Whole Lotta Rosie
19. Civil War
20. Shackler's Revenge
21. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
22. Nightrain
ENCORE
23. Madagascar
24. Better
25. Patience
26. Paradise City

Notes:

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Richard Fortus (rhythm guitarist), Bumblefoot (lead guitarist), Dj Asbha (lead guitarist), Tommy Stinson (bass) and Frank Ferrer (drums), Dizzy Reed (keybards), Chris Pitman (synth).

2012.03.03 - House of Blues Orlando, Lake Buena Vista, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 2012.03.05.
2012.03.03 - House of Blues Orlando, Lake Buena Vista, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 2012.03.01.

Last edited by Soulmonster on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:21 am; edited 4 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

Back to top Go down

2012.03.03 - House of Blues Orlando, Lake Buena Vista, USA Empty Re: 2012.03.03 - House of Blues Orlando, Lake Buena Vista, USA

Post by Soulmonster Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:27 pm

Review in The Orlando Sentinel:

“The night’s young, I guess,” the Guns N’ Roses frontman offered about two hours and 20 minutes into an insanely generous, skillfully executed and impressively intimate 3-hour performance by the band’s current incarnation on Saturday at House of Blues. The sold-out show was part of a club tour leading up to Guns N’ Roses April induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Of course, the Hall of Fame lineup — featuring Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler — isn’t the one now on the road.

“Hired Guns and a Rose,” observed one of my cynical friends early on Saturday about an outfit that now includes Rose as its sole original member. Hey, I was skeptical, too, after watching the band’s bloated, though lengthy, show in the tour’s opening days in October at Amway Center.

But all that was before the band went to work on Saturday.

Maybe it’s the time the musicians have spent together on the road — or the opportunity to see an arena-tested group at arm’s length. Whatever the reason, Guns N’ Roses on this night exuded a swagger worthy of a world-class attraction. My harsh appraisal of the band’s October stop wouldn’t apply to Saturday’s inspired return.

Starting with the one-two punch of “Chinese Democracy” and “Welcome to the Jungle,” the band unleashed an epic rock show. Not only was there plenty of explosive power in songs such as “It’s So Easy,” the unit showed more sonic range than in its arena visit this past fall.

Although Rose’s vocals were buried in the mix a bit in the opening moments, his distinctive tenor was an expressive force in the gut-wrenching ballad “Sorry,” a song that inspired some of the women around me to stretch their arms out toward him.

Rose looked leaner than he did in the fall, as he executed slinky dance steps and a few well-timed rock star gestures. Adorned most of the time in dark shades, a black fedora, matching leather jacket and well-worn blue jeans, he was a congenial host.

“How ya doing?” he asked in the early going. “It’s jam-packed in here. It’s nice.”

He shook hands with the fans in front and often shared the spotlight with guitarists DJ Ashba, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal and Richard Fortus. Each delivered memorable riffs, especially the elastic, melodic figures that Fortus added to “Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door” and a few other songs. Ashba, in his Slash costume, did an admirable job of filling that role, especially on a faithful “Sweet Child O’ Mine.”

The setlist was similar to the one the band delivered this past fall, but in the cozy music hall the feeling was more electric. As the band moved past ”Nightrain” and ”Patience” toward the “Paradise City” finale, it seemed for a moment that the music might go on all night.

Ultimately, the final chords faded at 3:21 a.m., amid a confetti shower and a delirious combination of elation and exhaustion. That last word only would apply to the audience, because the musicians looked like it was still too early to stop.

Source: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_music_blog/2012/03/concert-review-guns-n-roses-at-house-of-blues.html
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

Back to top Go down