APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.02.09 - Metro - Dizzy Reed of Guns N' Roses Shows a Little Patience

Go down

2012.02.09 - Metro - Dizzy Reed of Guns N' Roses Shows a Little Patience Empty 2012.02.09 - Metro - Dizzy Reed of Guns N' Roses Shows a Little Patience

Post by Soulmonster Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:22 am

Dizzy Reed of Guns N' Roses shows a little patience

The only person who has been in Guns N’ Roses longer than keyboard player Dizzy Reed is Axl Rose. Reed joined the band in the early ’90s, shortly before the “Use Your Illusion” albums, and stuck through the historically long waiting period for the follow-up that was “Chinese Democracy” in 2008. Although he wasn’t in the picture for the band’s club days, Guns N’ Roses is returning to these roots this week, with a series of club shows to coincide with Fashion Week. These intimate Fashion Week gigs have become a bit of a tradition for GnR, one which Reed says he finds a little baffling.

Why Fashion Week?
I don’t really know the answer to that question, but I ask myself that question sometimes. It’s a cool thing to be a part of it, but from my perspective it’s a bit of a quintessential New York experience. And rock ’n’ roll and fashion have always sort of been intertwined.

You’re also returning to the Ritz, which although it’s now called Webster Hall, is where Guns N’ Roses performed a classic show that ran on MTV for a long time.

I think that was one of the moments out here [in Los Angeles] where we all sort of realized that Guns were gonna blow up.

Walk me through a little bit of the waiting period, wondering if “Chinese Democracy” was ever going to be released.

We’ve only got 15 minutes! [Laughs] I went through the ga-mut of emotions on a daily basis, depending on what was going on in my life. From a financial standpoint, and from every-thing, it was just emotional. We had so many things tied into that record and so many things went down, and so many people came and went. We had been touring already for so long, playing those songs and I’m just really, really happy and thankful that it came out and I think it’s one of the best re-cords I’ve ever [been a part of].

You talk of people coming and going. How have you stayed in the band so long?

I think coming into the band as I did, I just had a different perspective on it. I was pretty grateful to be called up to be a part of what was such a huge thing at the time, and if I ever start drifting off into any sort of place where maybe I want to do a little more for myself I just try to remind myself that I'm pretty darn lucky.

Axl gets a bad rap for the ways he has led this band, but you’ve worked with him for so long.

He’s a great, great man. He’s done a lot for me and my family and for so many other people. And people don’t know that about him. And you know what? He’s always got some great jokes, man.
Source: http://www.metro.us/newyork/entertainment/article/1093452--dizzy-reed-of-guns-n-roses-shows-a-little-patience
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

Back to top Go down