APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1992.02.01 - Compton Terrace, Chandler, USA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1992.02.01 - Compton Terrace, Chandler, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:51 am

Date:
February 2, 1992.

Venue:
Compton Terrace.

Setlist:
01. Nightrain
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Live and Let Die
04. Attitude
05. It's So Easy
06. Double Talkin' Jive
07. Civil War
08. Bad Obsession
09. Welcome to the Jungle
10. Patience
11. So Fine
12. November Rain
13. You Could Be Mine
14. Don't Cry
15. Sweet Child O'Mine
16. Move to the City
17. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
18. Estranged
19. Paradise City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Gilby Clarke (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass), Dizzy Reed (keyboards) and Matt Sorum (drums).

Quotes:
Phoenix? Naked? Oh, now I remember! That was the last time Soundgarden was opening for us, and we were losing them. So we wanted to play some kind of prank, but we didn't want it to be one of those old cliche pranks. Next thing you know, we were taking our clothes off and running out during their set. [...] Axl didn't do it, but not because he was chicken. He'd just arrived at the place just in time to see us do out thing. [...] But I'll tell you who chickened out. Matt did. Print that. Matt chickened out. Hah! [Lakeland Ledger, August 1992].
February 1, 1992, was our last show with Soundgarden, at Compton Terrace, Arizona, and we decided to commemorate it with a little prank. We got ourselves a few inflatable dolls and Matt and Duff and I took our clothes off and went onstage with them. Come to think of it, I was the only one of us completely naked. In any case, Soundgarden was touring the Badmotorfinger album, and they came from a place where there was no fun to be had while rocking, so they were mortified. They looked around and there we were screwing blowup dolls all around them; I was drunk and I fell. I got separated from my doll, and at that point I was totally naked - it was a scene [Slash's autobiography, "Slash", 2007, p. 347]
Next concert: 1992.02.19.
Previous concert: 1992.01.31.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50435

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum