APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2006.11.24 - Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, USA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2006.11.24 - Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:30 pm

November 24, 2006 - Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, USA
Setlist:
01. Welcome to the Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Live and Let Die
05. Sweet Child O'Mine
06. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
07. You Could Be Mine
08. Street of Dreams
09. Better
10. Out Ta Get Me
11. November Rain
12. I.R.S.
13. My Michelle
14. Patience
15. Nightrain
16. Chinese Democracy
17. Madagascar
18. Paradise City

Date:

Venue:
Quicken Loans Arena.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals and piano
Richard Fortus: Rhythm guitarist
Bumblefoot: Lead guitarist
Robin Finck: Lead guitarist
Tommy Stinson: Bass
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Dizzy Reed: Keyboards
Chris Pitman: Keyboards.
Notes:
Axl referred to the opening band, 'Eagles of Death Metal', as "Pidgeons of Shit Metal". After the show, the singer of 'Eagles of Death Metal', Jesse Holmes, said, "When [Rose] called us the 'Pigeons of Shit Metal', Tommy Stinson took his bass off, threw it down and went, 'Fuck you, that's it!' to Axl. And then Axl picked his [Stinson's] bass up and threw it at [him]." This was later denied by Tommy (see quote below) and GN'R's management.

Quotes:
So how’d you like the PIGEONS OF SHIT METAL? Don’t worry, that’s the last show they’re playing with us. [On stage, 24 November 2006]
As a matter of fact, EAGLES OF DEATH METAL were a suggestion of mine a while ago. Turns out they were the wrong band for our crowd. They were booed and did not play for as long as they were scheduled to. As for all of the inaccuracies that have been said since, I would like to say that's all they are — inaccuracies. In the past I have thrown my bass. I have never thrown it at Axl or anyone else in the band nor has anyone thrown my bass back at me… yet. Axl has been a dear friend to me for nine years. We have no problem communicating and wish that people would stay the fuck out of shit they don't know anything about. There was no GN'R mutiny or any such thing after the Cleveland gig and as far as I'm concerned this tour has been the most fun yet. The band is playing great and getting along better than we ever have. With that said, either get on board or fuck off. [Blabbermouth, December 2006]
Being asked about the Pidgeons of Shit Metal incident: I sort of block that one out. [Vindy.com, December 2011]
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50139

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum