APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2011.11.16 - Billboard - Dizzy Reed: New Guns N’ Roses Album ‘Eventually’

2 posters

Go down

2011.11.16 - Billboard - Dizzy Reed: New Guns N’ Roses Album ‘Eventually’ Empty 2011.11.16 - Billboard - Dizzy Reed: New Guns N’ Roses Album ‘Eventually’

Post by Soulmonster Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Guns N' Roses current concert swing through North America has generated plenty of talk about a follow-up to 2008's "Chinese Democracy." But keyboardist Dizzy Reed, who's been part of GNR since 1990 -- second only to founding frontman Axl Rose -- doesn't feel a new release is imminent.

"We haven't really talked a lot about that," Reed tells Billboard.com. "There's a lot we've recorded, a lot of material back when we started working on 'Chinese Democracy,' so there's a quite a bit of unreleased stuff that would be really cool to finish and put out." In addition to that, he adds, "everyone has great ideas and songs and stuff, so we're always sort of bouncing stuff off each other. I'm recording stuff all the time; I'll record something and say, 'Hey, this might be cool' and play it for everybody and just kind of go from there. I think eventually something's got to give, and then it's gonna come out."

Among the reported stash of songs GNR worked on during the "Chinese Democracy" sessions are titles such as "Ides of March," "Soul Monster," "The General," "Atlas Shrugged" and "Berlin." During a recent interview on VH1's "That Metal Show," Rose said that the group and its new management was discussing the group's next release but offered no definitive details. "I just stay out of that," Reed says, noting that "there's not really anything" he can do on his end to push the process forward.

But Reed adds that "all of it is great, so any selection of another 12, 15 songs would be awesome. I'm not just giving you an easy answer; I truly believe all of it's pretty amazing."

Reed remains upbeat about GNR in general, dubbing the current edition of the band -- which has dates scheduled into mid-December -- "the best version of Guns N' Roses that I've ever been in. I think everyone is just super-talented, and it's just great chemistry. Everyone is a lot of fun to be around and a lot of fun to play with, so to me it's definitely the best lineup we've had." Reed has also used tapped his GNR mates for a solo album he plans to put out in 2012, tentatively titled "Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Easy" and featuring "stuff that I've done over the years."

As for GNR's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nomination, Reed says he found out late but is rooting for the group to be inducted. "Obviously there's a lot of great, great people that I respect and grew up admiring and idolizing who are in and part of that institution," he says. "So just to be mentioned in the same breath as them, I take it as an honor. "I don't know what's going to happen or how all that goes down, but it's definitely something to feel good about, I think."
Source: https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/dizzy-reed-new-guns-n-roses-album-eventually-465109/

Last edited by Soulmonster on Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

Back to top Go down

2011.11.16 - Billboard - Dizzy Reed: New Guns N’ Roses Album ‘Eventually’ Empty Re: 2011.11.16 - Billboard - Dizzy Reed: New Guns N’ Roses Album ‘Eventually’

Post by Soulmonster Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:01 pm

Although he doesn't really give much hope for an early release of a follow-up to Chinese Democracy it is nice to see a band member praise the unreleased songs.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

Back to top Go down

2011.11.16 - Billboard - Dizzy Reed: New Guns N’ Roses Album ‘Eventually’ Empty Re: 2011.11.16 - Billboard - Dizzy Reed: New Guns N’ Roses Album ‘Eventually’

Post by DanyYo Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:13 pm

I wonder how many of the songs in the quote above will actually show on the album.
good to hear that even cautiously they are more and more talking about new album sfhaetdj
DanyYo
DanyYo

Plectra : 6274

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down