APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1987.10.06 - Manchester Apollo, Manchester, England

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1987.10.06 - Manchester Apollo, Manchester, England

Post by Soulmonster on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:45 pm

Date:
October 6, 1987.

Venue:
Manchester Apollo.

Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Move to the City
03. Out Ta Get Me
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. My Michelle
06. Rocket Queen
07. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
08. Welcome to the Jungle
09. Sweet Child O'Mine
10. Paradise City
11. Mama Kin

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

Quote:
We did a show in Manchester. The people just stood there, they all stood up the whole time, right. And some of them were singing the songs and stuff but not so much as other places and we're having so much problem with feedback on stage I didn't know the people in the crowd weren't hearing it through the [...] monitor system. And so, we came back and did one song encore and left. We went up to our room, didn't think they liked it. Right? Then about fifteen minutes later they started screaming, we didn't know because we were like three stories up and in this room with securities keeping everybody away from us. The reviews have been "the world's greatest band". We thought they hated us but they were mesmerized [Interview with Axl Rose, December 1987]

Next concert: 1987.10.07.
Previous concert: 1987.10.05.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50404

Back to top Go down

Re: 1987.10.06 - Manchester Apollo, Manchester, England

Post by Soulmonster on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:08 pm

Guns arrived in the UK with fellow LA sleaze rockers Faster Pussycat as support act. I travelled up to cold and rainy Manchester for the opening night at the Apollo. Only a thousand people showed up. The balcony was completely empty. But it didn't matter. Kicking off with It's So Easy, GN'R played a brilliant set, and afterwards they were in buoyant mood backstage. Axl showed me a souvenir given to him by a fan who'd made the long journey down from Scotland for the gig. It was a ticket for a show that never was: Aerosmith plus Guns N' Roses at the Edinburgh Playhouse [20 Years of Appetite, Classic Rock Magazine, July 2007]
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50404

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum