APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA

4 posters

Go down

2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA Empty 2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA

Post by Soulmonster Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Date:
December 7.

Venue:
Covelli Centre.

Setlist:
01. Chinese Democracy
02. Welcome To The Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Sorry
06. Shackler's Revenge
07. Estranged
08. Rocket Queen
(Richard Fortus solo)
09. Live and Let Die
10. This I Love
11. Sonic Reducer
12. Civil War
(Dizzy Reed solo)
13. Street Of Dreams
14. You Could Be Mine
(Dj Ashba solo)
15. Sweet Child O'Mine
(Jam)
16. November Rain
(Bumblefoot solo)
17. Don't Cry
18. Whole Lotta Rosie
19. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
20. Nightrain
ENCORE
21. Madagascar
22. Better
23. Patience
24. Paradise City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Richard Fortus (rhythm guitarist), Bumblefoot (lead guitarist), Dj Asbha (lead guitarist), Tommy Stinson (bass) and Frank Ferrer (drums), Dizzy Reed (keybards), Chris Pitman (synth).

Notes:
The average number of songs per show is now exactly 23. This is almost 4 songs more per concerrt than in 2010.

2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 2011.12.08.
2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 2011.12.04.

Last edited by Soulmonster on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:25 pm; edited 6 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA Empty Re: 2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA

Post by Monique Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:41 am

I know that in this day and age there's wikipedia and google but, where is Youngstown? 2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA 2113965524
Monique
Monique

Plectra : 4838

Back to top Go down

2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA Empty Re: 2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA

Post by Soulmonster Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:03 am

Monique wrote:I know that in this day and age there's wikipedia and google but, where is Youngstown? 2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA 2113965524

In Mahoning County in Ohio. 66,982 people Razz
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Monique Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:38 pm

Ahh awesome! They are touring the midwest a lot!
Monique
Monique

Plectra : 4838

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:54 am

Review from freddiebrph at HTGTH:

ZERO, NONE, 0, NATA!!!! Folks, I have never hid behind the fact that I love the old band and would like to see them on stage one more time. BUT, this show tonight was one of the best shows I have ever seen!. Axl sounded like he was lip singing,, He sounded maybe the best I have EVER heard him. The band fn rocks!. They are tight and play old and new material extremely well. Axl looked liked he was having a great time, I am speachless. If anybody in media or fans give this show anything but a positive review, thay are not music fans and just hate axl and his new gnr. As an older fan and someone who seen them for the 1st time in the 80's, I just want to thank Axl for putting on this show and really kicking my ass tonight. You fucking rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:56 am

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Second time Civil War! Maybe soon Oh My God?
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7367

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:04 pm

I know many fans are lobbying for it...I don't understand why, though, I would very much prefer to hear There Was A Time or some olden goldie, like Locomotive or Coma.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Review from Vindy.com:

On the day the band he has fronted for 25 years was named to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Axl Rose demonstrated why it belongs there.

Rose and the current version of Guns N’ Roses gave a two and a half hour concert at Covelli Centre Wednesday night that didn’t end until 1:30 a.m.

GNR was selected as part of the 2012 class of the Rock Hall that morning. So it was good timing for Youngstown —even though Rose barely mentioned it. He briefly acknowledged the rock hall honor before the final song.

Did he simply stick to set list out of humility? Professionalism? Rock attitude, trumping sincerity? Did he downplay the topic because part of the honor must go to Slash and Izzy Stradlin, the integral members who departed the band well over a decade ago?

Who knows. But holy cow -- the hall of fame is only an hour away from the stage, in Cleveland.

At least there were no glaring omissions in the song repertoire, which began with “Chinese Democracy” — the title cut of the underappreciated 2008 album — and ended hours later with “Paradise City.”

Despite his lack of banter, Rose still answered a lot of the criticism that has been dogging him: too old, too sloppy, too ignorant, too arrogant. His act has been called everything short of a GNR tribute band (actually, they have been called that).

While the Rock Hall honor — which impressively came on the first ballot — had to be a shot in the arm, Rose and his band, including guitarist DJ Ashba, still played like they had something to prove, and did it with that glammy LA swagger.

Vocally, Rose can still shriek those high notes, which put the edge on songs like “Sweet Child O Mine”; and like an involuntary reflex, that trademark side-to-side sway kept surfacing.

He brought out the grand piano a couple of times, first for a ripping instrumental version of “Baba O’Reilly” (Rose demonstrated his keyboard command here with an intro that included Elton John riffs), and later for “November Rain.”

It was easily the latest-ending concert ever at Covelli, but just about everyone in the packed hall — was the stage moved forward a few rows to tighten up the house? — stayed until the final out.

The long song list included the stalwarts — “Welcome to the Jungle,” “Mr. Brownstone,” “Patience,” “Knocking on Heaven’s Door, “You Could be Mine” — as well as newer material like “Better” and “Shackler’s Revenge.”

Zakk Wylde and his Black Label Society biker-rock band opened the show.

Source: http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/dec/08/guns-n-roses-puts-sweet-show-covelli/
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:34 am

Review (and some information about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame); The Cleveland Plain Dealer, Dec. 8, 2011:
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-bound Guns N' Roses rocks Youngstown (with only two Rock Hall-bound members)

By John Soeder, The Plain Dealer

YOUNGSTOWN -- Where do we go now? How about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Guns N' Roses -- or at least what passes for GN'R these days -- headlined a marathon concert in front of 5,000 fans Wednesday night at the Covelli Centre, the same day it was announced that the hard-rocking group will be inducted into the Rock Hall next year.

Far be it from frontman Axl Rose to make a big deal about the impending honor, though. He referred to it just once in passing, toward the end of a performance that was just shy of three hours long.

“I’d like to thank the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and I’d like to thank our fans,” said Rose, 49. “This is your reward.”

An intense “Chinese Democracy,” the title track of the band’s notorious, years-in-the-making 2008 album, announced GN’R’s arrival shortly before 11 p.m. Cue enough pyrotechnics to sustain a small town’s Fourth of July celebration.

As is their wont, Rose & Co. played into the wee hours, wrapping up at 1:45 a.m. as confetti rained from the rafters during “Paradise City.” It’s always a three-Red Bull occasion when these night owls come to town.

Besides Rose (the sole founding member still in the group) and longtime sidekick Dizzy Reed on keyboards, the latest incarnation of GN’R includes guitarists Dj Ashba, Richard Fortus and Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal; keyboardist Chris Pitman; bassist Tommy Stinson; and drummer Frank Ferrer.

From the current lineup, Rose and Reed are the only members headed into the Rock Hall. Inducted alongside them will be ex-bandmates Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum -- i.e., musicians from the group’s heyday in the late ’80s and early ’90s.

It remains to be seen if the Rock Hall ceremony will deliver a hotly anticipated GN’R reunion – or a brawl. Relations between Rose and his estranged partners have ranged from tense to toxic.

If his new associates were miffed about being snubbed by the Rock Hall, they didn’t let on during a polished and unflaggingly energetic performance. Sure, the solo showcases got to be indulgent -- although a raw stab at the Rocket from the Tombs/Dead Boys gem “Sonic Reducer” by Stinson (complete with a shoutout to Youngstown native Stiv Bators) was a treat -- but the end result was a hot mess of rock ’n’ roll excess.

If nothing else, the new GN’R just might be the ultimate bar band.

You want a perfectly good cover of Pink Floyd’s “Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)”? You got it. How about a smoking rendition of AC/DC’s “Whole Lotta Rosie”? Coming right up. In the mood for note-perfect simulations of “Welcome to the Jungle,” “Sweet Child O’ Mine,” “Patience” and other blasts from GN’R’s past? These are your guys.

They’re just not the real GN’R, according to some purists. And now the Rock Hall gatekeepers.

Rose himself was in fine fettle, doing that serpentine dance of his during “Mr. Brownstone,” belting out “Live and Let Die” like a banshee with a splinter and expertly accompanying himself on piano for an epic “November Rain.”

Guns N' Roses will be enshrined during the 27th annual Rock Hall induction ceremony Saturday, April 14, at Cleveland's Public Auditorium, along with the Beastie Boys, Donovan, Laura Nyro, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Small Faces/Faces and others.
https://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/2011/12/rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame-bou.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:37 am

Pictures from the article above. Credit: John Soeder

2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA -4b92010
2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA -65e9f10
2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA -3319710
2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA -fe34110
2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA -cbf0110
2011.12.07 - Covelli Centre, Youngstown, USA -f54c210

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down