APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1987.09.05 - Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, USA

Go down

1987.09.05 - Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:59 pm

Date:
September 5, 1987.

Venue:
Long Beach Arena.

Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Anything Goes
03. Out Ta Get Me
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Nightrain
06. Welcome to the Jungle
07. My Michelle
08. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
09. You're Crazy
10. Paradise City
11. Nice Boys

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

Quotes:
Duff: The next tour stop [after Seattle] where any people came early enough to see Guns play our set was at the Long Beach Arena; it was a homecoming show for us after not playing there much that year [Duff's autobiography, "It's So Easy", 2011, p. 128].

Next concert: 1987.09.07.
Previous concert: 1987.09.04.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 52201

Back to top Go down

Re: 1987.09.05 - Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:39 am

From Raz' biography:

About two-thirds into Guns N' Roses' set, the free Heinekens caught up with me. I stashed my current Heineken on top of a stack of Peavey power amps and headed for the pisser. Just as I exited the restroom, the music stopped on a dime. Except for the murmuring crowd, the house was silent. I hurried back to the stage and almost bashed into an ultra-pissed Axl as he hit the bottom step. After he stormed past me, the rest of the guys were not far behind. I asked someone, "What happened?" Apparently, the PA had quit. Later, I heard someone from the crew guessing that a jealous Cult had ordered the sound guy to shut G N' R down.

Remember that Heineken I set on those power amps? Don't ever do that shit, because it might get knocked over. If beer spills into a power amplifier, not only must you procure more beer, a protect circuit will shut it down. From the stage monitor's failure onward, it was all a chain reaction toward a total PA failure. I almost fessed up later during a little after-show get-together inside an Embassy Suites room, but didn't want the party supplies cut off. Besides, G N' R were almost finished with their kick-ass set before... Oops! For those of you who attended the show, no worries. I managed to find another beer
[Raz Cue, "The Days of Guns, & Raz's", 2015, p. 248].
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 52201

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum