APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1987.03.29 - The Roxy, Los Angeles, USA

2 posters

Go down

1987.03.29 - The Roxy, Los Angeles, USA Empty 1987.03.29 - The Roxy, Los Angeles, USA

Post by Soulmonster Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Date:
March 29, 1987.

Venue:
The Roxy.

Setlist:
01. Out Ta Get Me
02. Think About You
03. Welcome to the Jungle
04. It's So Easy
05. Rocket Queen
06. Mr. Brownstone
07. Anything Goes
08. Sweet Child O'Mine
09. Nightrain
10. My Michelle
11. You're Crazy
12. Paradise City
13. Move to the City
14. Mama Kin

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

1987.03.29 - The Roxy, Los Angeles, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 1987.06.19.
1987.03.29 - The Roxy, Los Angeles, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 1987.03.16.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

1987.03.29 - The Roxy, Los Angeles, USA Empty Re: 1987.03.29 - The Roxy, Los Angeles, USA

Post by Soulmonster Mon May 05, 2014 11:40 am

1987.03.29 - The Roxy, Los Angeles, USA KGrHqRmIFBEPhGzprBRfwRwkj60_57
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

1987.03.29 - The Roxy, Los Angeles, USA Empty Re: 1987.03.29 - The Roxy, Los Angeles, USA

Post by Blackstar Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:46 am

From L.A Rocks, April 3, 1987:

GUNS & ROSES & FASTER PUSSYCAT AT THE ROXY

Faster Pussycat, those wild reckless Hollywood boys from Hell, were already rocking the masses of cute teenage girls when we arrived. “Standing room only” couldn’t really describe the club ‘cause we couldn’t find any. We were lucky there was enough air to breath, not to mention a place to stand, and they were all celebrating and watching the Pussycats with big smiles on their faces. Brent, the guitarist, was so cute he melted the first 7 rows of girls right into their nylons. Taime Downs, the singer (see cover) was commanding this ship of Glamsters over the high waters of Hollywood. Their music is very fast and loud and the non-stop on-stage action won’t let you look away. There’s a lot of high-end treble to their music, which goes good with Taime’s voice, and songs like I’m your Venus” by the Shocking Blue and “Star Fucker” by the Stones bring the high-velocity sound down to earth and somewhere near the “familiarity” necessary in today’s Rock world.
Faster Pussycat has recently signed with Electra Records and are ready to record their first album, so look out world, here they come!

Guns & Roses were next and the crowd was now more-than-primed and bursting with anticipation. Their entrance was pretty weird with a lot of static and confusion and someone yelling “what the fuck is that noise”. I couldn’t tell if they planned it or what. They quickly got under way into their own world of rock that made the entire audience feel like they were on drugs.
Axl, the singer, was his usual hypnotizing self and screamed those high lyrics with a contained explosion that only he can do. His dancing style is his own, and those wild guitarists Izzy and Slash were really gone. Burning the ears of all who listened, they cranked out a heavy highway to hell that those [unreadable line] follow.
Their constant playing and the finishing of their new album has honed these heart-throb musicians to a fine edge, and Axl’s high pitched voice is so perfect and strong it doesn’t bother my ears like it used to. It even gives me the goosebumps when he goes over-the-top of the screaming lead guitars, and the song “Night Train” sounded so good I became a Guns & Roses fan all over again. Now it’s your turn, check um out.

Thanks to @troccoli for sharing it with us. The original image of this article can be found on his site here:
http://www.troccolitm.com/PressAppAlt.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:19 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:45 pm

This quote is presumably from this show:

I went to Eddie Rosenblatt [President at Geffen Records] one day and I said, "Eddie, we're about to play the Roxy for the last time, advance me 5 grand so I can wheel up a mobile studio outside the Roxy and record it for posterity." And Eddie said no to advancing 5 grand so as I could record what I thought would be the last ever Guns N' Roses club day. Can you imagine what that would have been worth to Geffen? An '88 or '89? That $5000 would have turned into... dumb, stupid decision.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down