APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1986.09.20 - LA Street Scene Festival, Los Angeles, USA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1986.09.20 - LA Street Scene Festival, Los Angeles, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:37 am

Date:
September 20, 1986.

Venue:
LA Street Scene Festival.

Setlist:
01. Welcome to the Jungle
02. Out Ta Get Me
03. Think About You
04. Mr. Brownstone

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

Notes:
The show was stopped early because the crowd was too rowdy.

Quotes:
LA Street Scene was a blast. [KNAC, December 1996]
After a long day of other bands playing, we got onstage and started playing, and the kids took that as the signal to just lose it. It was cool, we had all these skinheads throwing oil barrels and playing catch with them, tossing them across the crowd. They were tearing the stage from underneath and all kinds of stuff. After the fourth song, we had so many people onstage we didn't know who was the band or what. Well, the fire marshal shut us down, that was it. The fans, or whoever they were, were really cool. I go in for that shit. That's my big kick - the more hardcore, the more I get off on it. [Faces - Widsom of Slash, June 1989]
We were scheduled to open for Poison, who were headlining one of the bigger stages. It was going to be our biggest high-profile gig to date, and we were ready to blow Poison off the stage. In the end we didn't even have to: we got up there and played, and everybody went nuts, climbing the scaffolding and pushing the stage to and fro in excitement. By the time we were done, the fire marshals decided to close the place down. I remember seeing Poison roll up in all their glitter, ready to go on but unable to. I was quite pleased to see them all dressed up with no stage to play [Slash's autobiography, page 128-129]
Next concert: 1986.10.23.
Previous concert: 1986.09.13.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50113

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum