APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1986.02.28 - The Troubadour, LA, USA

Go down

1986.02.28 - The Troubadour, LA, USA Empty 1986.02.28 - The Troubadour, LA, USA

Post by Soulmonster Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:56 am

Date:
February 28, 1986.

Venue:
The Troubadour.

Setlist:
01. Reckless Life
02. Out Ta Get Me
03. Welcome to the Jungle
04. Jumpin' Jack Flash
05. Think About You
06. Move to the City
07. Rocket Queen
08. Nightrain
09. My Michelle
10. Don't Cry
11. Back Off Bitch
12. Anything Goes
13. Paradise City
14. Mama Kin
15. Heartbreak Hotel

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

Bootlegs:
Yes.

Notes:

1986.02.28 - The Troubadour, LA, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 1986.03.21.
1986.02.28 - The Troubadour, LA, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 1986.01.26.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

1986.02.28 - The Troubadour, LA, USA Empty Re: 1986.02.28 - The Troubadour, LA, USA

Post by Soulmonster Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:25 pm

Vicky remembers the gig:

[...] when we arrived at the Troubadour for the show, I counted sixteen A&R people - at least sixteen that I knew of. The band put on a killer, yet very loud show. They built train track crossing signs that blinked on and off with the tempo of their song "Night Train," which was super cool. even though the song was about a cheap wine, the band liked the idea of representing a real train on stage.

A few songs into the set, I looked over my shoulder and noticed that a lot of the A&R people were leaving. I walked outside to see where they were going. To my horror, I saw most of them standing outside talking to each other. Peter Philbin [from Elektra Records] introduced me to Tom Zutaut out on the curb in front of the Troubadour. To said he would like to talk with me, so I walked away from the front door where the music was blaring so that I could hear him better.

I said, "What did you think of the band?" Tom said, "I really liked them, but it was so loud I couldn't really tell if the singer could sing. Can he sing?" He looks at me with his piercing blue eyes. "Oh yeah, he can really sing," I said, handing Tom the demo tape. Tom thanks me, saying, "I'll call you tomorrow after I listen to the tape. If he can really sing, I'll sign them."
[Vicky Hamilton, "Appetite For Dysfunction", 2014, p. 146].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down